I will Give you A Natural Way to Manage to Your Health
Find Out How My Patients Ended the Cycle of Exhaustion, Reduced or Eliminated Their Prescription Drugs, and Reclaimed Their Health
Hi, I’m Dr. Sarah Silverman, a Naturopathic Doctor in SE Portland.
I am excited to help you:
- Get Relief from your Symptoms – I will work with you to find natural relief for your health problems.
- Have a Say in your Health – I will make sure that you understand ALL of your treatment options, and work with you to come up with a treatment plan that you are comfortable with. I will ALWAYS take the time to properly listen to your problems, questions and concerns.
- Minimize or Avoid Prescription Drugs – I will help you to find you effective, natural treatments.
- Get Educated – I will help you sort through all of the information that you have about your condition so that you are fully informed.
How I Can Help You
I will work with you to naturally manage the cause of your gastrointestinal issues like diarrhea, cramping, flatulence, bloating, general discomfort, abdominal/GI discomfort, unpredictable/frequent bowel movements and constipation.
Addressing digestive dysfunction does vary based on the root cause, however dietary factors, stress, sleep and environmental toxins all play a role in treating the full picture. Individualized testing allows us to determine the root cause together.
I also have a passion for supporting patients with autoimmune diseases. Approximately 80% of our immune system is in the gut, therefore a healthy gastrointestinal tract is integral in supporting a robust immune system.
Autoimmune Disease Causes
Autoimmune diseases occur when the body creates cells that attack its own tissue. While the exact cause of autoimmune disease is often unknown and poorly understood, contributing factors to autoimmunity include stress, infections, poor diet and poor gut health.
Support for Autoimmune Diseases
The root cause of many different autoimmune diseases is often related to an abnormal immune system response. Treatment plans are customized for each individual person and condition. Through supplementation, stress management, toxin elimination and healthy eating, we’ll aim to improve your gut health and minimize the side effects of prescription drugs.
Specific Areas of Focus
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (Heartburn)
- Hypothyroidism (Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis)
- Hyperthyroidism (Graves’ Disease)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO)
- Symptoms of Gut Dysfunction: diarrhea, constipation, abdominal pain, bloating
- Symptoms of Autoimmune Disease: muscle pain, joint pain, inflammation
Together we will focus on a naturopathic approach to your gastrointestinal health or autoimmunity but I encourage patients to utilize their primary care doctor for acute care and routine screening needs (mammogram, Pap test, vaccinations, etc.). As needed, we can work alongside your primary care doctor and specialists for highly coordinated care.
The best outcomes are seen in patients that are committed to making lifestyle changes. To achieve successful results, you will need to put in time and effort to improve your health. I am happy to discuss more on a free phone consultation.
Your First Appointment
Your first appointment will be 60 minutes so I can take the time to learn what you're struggling with and do a complete review of your history.
I will also help you plan out the next steps going forward and explain the best approach to treat your health issues.
As a Naturopathic Doctor, I am licensed by this governing body:
I participate as an in-network provider with the following insurance companies:
- Pacific Source
- American Specialty Health (ASH)
- First Choice
At this time, I am actively seeking participation as an in-network provider with several other insurance companies. You can email me at email@example.com to see if additional providers have recently been added.
If am not currently in-network with your insurance carrier, you can take advantage of the Time of Service Fee Discount, and I will provide you with a superbill for submittal to your insurance carrier for possible out of network reimbursement.