In addition to basic blood labs, appropriate imaging and physical exams, individualized functional testing can provide further insight into your unique health concerns so that treatment can be tailored for you.
Functional Stool Testing:
- What It Is: Assessing gut health is a large part of addressing the root cause of illness. Functional stool testing that is DNA-based will provide a comprehensive, accurate and detailed report of the health of your microbiome (gut bacteria and environment). This test will screen for infectious causes of illness, including parasites, yeast and bacteria, as well as provide insightful information into how your digestive health is functioning – such as assessing your normal, healthy microbial flora and inflammation levels.
- Who Could It Benefit: All patients could benefit from this testing, and specifically those with IBS, IBD, autoimmune disease, weigh gain, diabetes mellitus type 2, and skin concerns (acne, eczema, psoriasis).
Comprehensive Hormone Testing:
- What Is It: Hormone testing completed with easy, at home urinary and salivary collection. Testing hormones via these methods, opposed to serum (blood), gives more information about hormones and their metabolites (how they are excreted by the body), allowing for more tailored treatment of hormone imbalances. This is particularly important for people with regular menstrual cycles and ‘normal’ blood hormone test results yet continue to experience symptoms of suspected hormonal imbalance.
- Who Could It Benefit: Woman with irregular menstrual cycles, painful periods, acne, facial hair growth, perimenopause, menopausal symptoms (hot flashes, decreased libido, hair loss, insomnia) and more.
Adrenal Panel Testing:
- What Is It: Hormone testing completed with easy, at home urinary and salivary collection. Cortisol is one of our main stress hormones. Testing free and metabolized cortisol hormone via these methods, opposed to serum (blood), gives more detailed information about adrenal health and how your stress response fluctuates during the day.
- Who Could It Benefit: Those with poor stress tolerance, high stress lives, anxiety, depression, fatigue, insomnia, sleep disorders and more.
Food Sensitivity/Intolerance Identification:
- What Is It: Identifying food sensitivities and then removing offending foods from the diet may help to reduce symptoms of many chronic health conditions. Continuing to eat these foods can cause digestive upset or contribute to the worsening of your digestive symptoms, promote inflammation, or flare up your autoimmune symptoms. Detailed and individualized blood testing exists for identifying food triggers, therefore allowing for unique dietary customization.
- Who Could It Benefit: Those with IBS, IBD, poor digestive health, fatigue, skin concerns (eczema, psoriasis, acne) and more.